1933 – The Foundation of the Company
In 1933 Gretel and Wilhelm Nusser incorporated a carpentry shop in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt. In addition to standard carpentry work, Wilhelm Nusser was already producing park benches and trash bins for the gardening show on the Killesberg as early as 1939. Following a start during difficult times, NUSSER continued to develop along the three business segments construction, rentals, and urban furniture. The high degree of expertise required for working with the natural raw material wood, innovation, and quality thinking continue to be the foundation for all business activities of the NUSSER GROUP through the present day. A traditional, second-generation family-owned and operated business.
1944 – New Company Main Office in Winnenden
Following the destruction of the company grounds in Stuttgart Bad-Cannstatt, Wilhelm Nusser restarted the business in Winnenden in 1944 – our home in Remstal through the present day. Learn more about the Construction and Rental divisions at www.nusser.de. Not only about outstanding projects such as the construction of the velodrome and the Olympic Pavilion for the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich. But also about the innovative developments, such as the mobile room cell and the combination of wood framing with concrete ceilings.
Over the course of many years, the urban furniture division has continuously designed and rolled out new bench types. Over the years, the product line was consistently expanded by new designs, colors, and materials.
2000 – Demerger of the Business Division Street Furniture
In 2000, the Garden and Landscape Bench division was merged into an independent business, JWS Nusser GmbH & Co. KG, in parallel with the relocation to Max-Eyth-Straße 33. Here new, modern rooms could be obtained.
By company acquisitions the NUSSER GROUP grew increasingly.
2002 – Beck GmbH & ef REINMUTH GmbH
BECK GmbH (Ostfildern-Kemnat) and ef REINMUTH GmbH (Bad Wimpfen) were acquired in 2002. BECK in particular contributed towards expanding the trash bin and bicycle stand product line with modern and design-oriented products. ef REINMUTH contributed products from the bench segment. In 2009, ef REINMUTH was integrated into NUSSER.
2006 – PENNY GmbH & Co. KG
In 2006, NUSSER GROUP was expanded by PENNY GmbH & Co. KG in Friesenhagen, west of Siegen. Round benches and classic benches were and continue to be the centerpiece of PENNY.
2011 – Integration & Company Name Change to NUSSER Stadtmöbel GmbH & Co. KG
This corporation was integrated into NUSSER in October 2011, which was simultaneously accompanied by a name change to NUSSER Stadtmöbel GmbH & Co. KG. The Friesenhagen facility became strictly a manufacturing facility (Works II).
2014 – ODM Stadtmöbel GmbH & Co. KG
In 2014, ODM Stadtmöbel GmbH & Co. KG in Mosbach became part of the NUSSER GROUP. ODM (formerly MWH) significantly expanded the product range of urban furniture made of steel and stainless steel, while also integrating new manufacturing technologies.
2015 – STAUSBERG STADTMÖBEL GmbH
The construction of a new, modern factory in Waldbröl was kicked off in the fall of 2014. This was followed by the relocation from Works II and production startup in April 2015.
STAUSBERG in Kematen on the Krems river was acquired in 2015 as part of a succession planning strategy. STAUSBERG Stadtmöbel GmbH continues to run the business operation of the previous Stausberg Vertriebs GmbH, and also expanded the product line by the products of its corporate affiliates. STAUSBERG is a leading manufacturer of urban furniture, while also acting as a distribution partner for a wide range of playground equipment manufacturers in Austria. Learn more at www.stausberg.at.
ODM Stadtmöbel GmbH & Co. KG was integrated into NUSSER Stadtmöbel in the end of the year 2018. Since then, the former ODM products have been manufactured in the Waldbröl works.